The cleaning of a Pipercross air filter should be carried out as below. Failure to do this could result in damage to the air filter or even the vehicle.
- Remove excess dirt by gently brushing the filter.
- Apply cleaning additive C9000 liberally. Massage in with soft brush. Allow to soak for around 5 minutes.
- Flush the filter out with warm water from the clean side of the foam to the dirty side.
- Allow the filter to dry naturally (do not apply any heat to the filter!!)
- Lightly apply dirt retention additive C9000 on the dirty (black) side of the foam.
Steps 2-4 may need to be repeated until the filter is clean. Do not over oil the foam as this will cause a lack of performance.