ECS Stage 1 Clutch Kit (228mm) 5 Speed only.
This is our Number #1 selling clutch kit for 5 speed VW 1.8T, 2.0L and TDI Volkswagens.
Complete kit includes flywheel pressure plate disc and all hardware. Mk4 Golf Jetta and Beetle 1.8T 2.0L & TDI cars will damage the stock dual mass flywheel when the clutch starts slipping. The dual mass flywheel when bought from V/W is over ÌÎÌ_Ì´åÇÌÎå«Ì´å£600. We offer the complete kit that includes a ECS lightweight 14 steel flywheel for less than just a flywheel from V/W. This kit will retain stock like pedal characteristics along with much improved clamping force & larger diameter clutch assembly. Lighter OEM Steel flywheel only 14lbs versus 22 lbs of the stock 1.8T. This is not a lightened modified OEM flywheel like others.
* 20-30% more clamping force than stock clutch!
* Faster spool-ups & more horsepower!
* Kit uses OEM Sachs VR6 Clutch pieces
* Kit is good up to 200-250 wheel Horsepower & up to approx 275lbs of wheel torque
* Excellent pedal feel pedal retains OEM type feel. Kit includes the following parts:
* Lightweight steel ECS flywheel
* Sachs clutch pressure plate
* Sachs clutch disc
* New Release bearing
* OEM flywheel bolts
* ECS Installation tool
Installation: Torque Flywheel to crank 60Nm.(44ft.lbs.) + 1/4″ turn (90deg)Torque Pressure Plate to Flywheel 20Nm.
As an extra option, ECS offer this kit with a 20.5lbs flywheel which was brought to market by ECS to satisfy the customers that want absolutely no “gear” rattle when in neutral or on a deceleration. The ECS 20.5lbs flywheel eliminates all gearbox noise & makes this kit operate just as quiet & as smooth as the OEM clutch, with amazing clamping ability.